Thursday, December 15, 2005

Holiday spirit

For someone as unemotive and cynical as I can often be, I have no quams when it comes to getting into the holiday spirit. I adore Christmas, probably just as much as i did when I was a little child still believing in Santa Claus.

Its not even the gifts, or the lights. Its not really even the trees or the songs. Its the energy. There is something in the air this time of year that feeds me. Shows me how starved i have been for the rest of the year. Why cant this feeling last? Why cant i love the way i do now, everyday?

A couple weeks back i spent all my money trying to make my apartment into a winter wonderland of sorts. I bought a tree, lights, stockings, poinsetta, candy canes, santa hats, the whole shabang. I've picked up a couple holiday CDs and play them on continual rotation. Its the one time that i will be openly cheesy and i cant get enough of it.

No comments: