Thursday, August 30, 2007

Quarter past conception

"I think i'm going through a quarter life crisis," i whined into my dirty martini. I had made it passed the underage ameretto sours, through the down it as fast as possible vodka cranberries and reached a martini age. And i still had no idea what i was doing with my life. Certainly i always thought by 25 i would have even the slightest idea... but i was lost, and at a loss.

Hal sighed, "That's what being in your mid-twenties is all about, kid." He continued on about how everyone goes through this at my age, trying to find love and starting your career, complicated bullshit like that. I wanted to know how long this so-called phase was going to last. Patience has never been my virtue.

Neil Young had assured me at 24 that there was still so much more. At 25 i think he lied.

No comments: