Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Just checking in...

I treat blogging the same way as exercise. Its something I do in spurts. Nothing, nothing, nothing and then a one month membership at hot yoga, daily classes, organic eating... Then back to a gluttonous existence without batting an eye.

Sometimes I get really into my blog. I get super verbose and can't help but want to tell people things that they probably dont care about but I feel like writing. It'll go for days on end, sometimes whole weeks even. And then, I don't write a word for a month. I think this is why I assume I could never really write for a living, it's just not something I can make myself do. It needs to be organic. Needs to come when I need to get it out. My writing is my therapy and nothing else, but if others take to it, read it, like it, even better.

I've been thinking lately of starting up a blog more devoted to things and less to my actual thoughts and musings. I spent the weekend at the Architectural Digest Home Design Expo and I have all these creative ideas and thoughts pouring out of my head but this blog just seems like the wrong place to put them... We'll see.

We're closing my restaurant during lunch soon for summer hours so I'll have days free pretty much always soon. Perhaps I need to make this new blog into a job type task, something to keep me occupied. Art projects. Do-it-yourself tests. New products, pretty furniture, color palettes. I always wanted this blog to be a daily kinda thing but I just can't force myself to write. At least not publicly.

Anyway, needed to get those thoughts out. Perhaps this week I'll be in the habit of it now...

No comments: