Friday, May 13, 2005

Any day now...

French Riviera in only 2 days. Barely had time to plan my own trip being so busy making sure everyone else was set. The life of an assistant really teaches how to make yourself the smallest priority in life. At least I have my dress which is a plus. Still need the shoes though. And the rest of my suitcase since right now i have nothing. Made friends with the designer Anne Bowen (www.annebowen.com) though and she is giving me sample pieces which is a major plus. That's my trade off. I get her a hotel room and she provides me with designer clothing. Not too bad really.

Party guest list so far is looking nice. Kenneth Cole was the first to RSVP. Morgan Freeman has now confirmed as well. Billy Zane is pretty much a given. Waiting for an answer on Peter Sarsgaard, Maggie Gyllenhall, Alexander Paine, Patricia Clarkson, Campbell Scott and I don't even remember who else. Shemekia Copeland, of course, is performing. I'm still pushing to get in touch with Colin Farrell. Thats my new goal in life... is that even a goal? I just want to touch him. He reminds me of Ryan so I love him.

One of our investors is a South African billionaire who has "more money than King Midas" (which I think was the storybook guy that turned everything he touched to gold). He calls the office daily to check in with me even though we've never met. The fact that I told him i wanted to go to South Africa more than anywhere in the world seemed to really strike a chord with him. Now I am his new best friend it seems. He even offered to fly me out there. It would be the most amazing thing anyone could ever do for me I think. Give me that chance to see Ryan since I am not in a financial position to head out there myself. We're supposed to speak about it in France over cappucinos.

Sometimes I feel shocked that this is actually my life right now. I only finished school a year ago. If anyone told me that a year later I would be getting an all-expense paid trip to the Cannes Film Festival in order to plan a private party at the exclusive Hotel du Cap and attend the celebrity infested amfAR gala which my company is co-sponsoring I think I would have told them they were clearly on crack. I don't even feel like I am the same person anymore- its too hard to imagine all this going on around ME. Its difficult to explain.

I'm so lonely though.

No comments: