Tuesday, April 5, 2005

Counting down to Cannes

Sitting at the office, late as usual. I have a date tonight but I hardly care. I am finally starting to get really pumped up for my trip to Cannes in a month.

I had accidentally spoken to Sharon Stone earlier (I called for her assistant and she came to the phone instead to talk to my boss) and later found myself writing a letter to the producer of Basic Instinct 2 in order to get Sharon a couple days off from filming in order to come to our Cannes party. So to find her official amfAR (Cinema Against AIDS foundation with which she is a very active chair) I had to visit the organizations website. Imagine my surprise when I see a picture of my dear little Jamie Cullum! Apparently the AIDS benefit he had performed at in late November (which I met up with him right after at the hotel bar) was actually the annual amfAR gala. Well, this information spiked interest in my boss that he had not had about Jamie previously despite my mentioning his Grammy nomination...

So now Vin wants Jamie to perform at our event! I called my little British jazz boy right after and we spoke for a moment. The idea seemed to really excite him (especially when I mentioned that Vin would like him to meet him and Sharon for dinner in London to discuss the whole thing when he is there in a couple weeks). Yay! I would love if Jamie was involved. It would be great to have a friend around that week, especially one that actually knows a good deal of the celebrity crowd so I won't have to just be the random assistant chilling in the corner. How exciting!

On top of that, my darling friend Ben has recently told me of his move to Geneva in May. As Switzerland is indeed fairly nearby (relatively, at least) to France, I am honestly hoping he may be able to swing down and visit for the weekend while we are at the Four Seasons in Provence. Wouldn't mind visiting Switzerland as well while I'm out there!

Finally, world traveling and me have found each other. Eventual stop- South Africa ;)

at least, in my dreams...

No comments: