Friday, April 1, 2005

I think i'll move to Australia

Did anyone ever read the book, as a child, called Alexander and the Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day? If you have, my subject line will make a bit more sense... and if you have not than you may still understand what its like to have that terrible of a day.

Its not even like things are going wrong. But there is something about starting the morning off with a cell phone call from your ANGRY boss in France when you haven't even had time to put clothing on post shower let alone have a full cup of coffee that just doesn't make things feel right...

I have such mixed emotions involving my job sometimes cause I, like most people that hear about my work, often get caught up in the perks- the things like free trips to LA and France, expensive dinners, movie premiere's and calls from Sharon Stone. Its hard to really get into how much shit I put up with in order to experience these perks. I'm sorry, but I have no pity for anyone when it comes to work because until you are on call 24 hours a day by a man that likes to curse more frequently than deep sea sailors you will never relate... and more often than not the derogetory remarks are aimed my way. Talk about being cut down day after day. Unfortunately, I like my boss on a regular basis as the charming side of him that helps him land million dollar deals, is just that, completly charming. When he's in a good mood, he's a great guy to be around and most people who have only interacted with him in that type of environment would never be able to understand the everyday reality of dealing with him in this office.

So, here I am. In a job that has more ups and downs than the Blue Streak rollarcoaster at Cedar Point.

Welcome to the Big Apple and the world of entertainment. If I wasn't a detached enough person before, I am certainly on the road to becoming one now...

No comments: