Saturday, January 3, 2009

A memory of Isaac

(circa fall 2001)

No more than fifteen years behind me
And I've never known what its like
to have a love life
I have never even had a like life
But here we sit alone for the first time
A drop of liquid falls on my toe
Or is it a drip?
Drop
Drip
I ignore the rain
And hold your hand in mine
as we sit it silence
There's an unspoken connection
From your eyes locked in my gaze
And I feel
the exhilarating rush of our instant attraction
Turning itself into a mutual lust
Between us
And I know you understand
That feeling
It's new to me
Stronger than anything
I had previously experienced in relation
to a boy
But here I am with you now
Comforted by your presence
And the realization that I am capable
of being loved
By someone
I begin to cry
Was it ever raining at all
or always just my tears?

No comments: