Friday, January 9, 2009

Name change

So I've been encouraged to change the name of my site by many at this point. Just 5 minutes ago Caitlin called out from her room, her voice echoing through the wall, "But you don't write about sex, there's nothing tawdry on your site at all, it gives the wrong impression."

"It's a lot about relationships though. That was the point of the word sex." Even as the words left my mouth, I knew she was right. It just didn't translate and it never had.

Over breakfast one morning with a boy (see there's implied sex sometimes), I whipped out some random cards from the game Loaded Questions that I like to carry around as occasional conversation fodder. His turn to read: "What would be the name of your autobiography were you to write one?"

"That's easy, its the name of my blog, All Sex and Philosophy." I was left totally confused when he started laughing.

"I totally forgot that one of the first things I ever learned about you was that you wrote a sex blog!" My cheeks reddened as I tried to defend myself. Its not a sex blog. Its about life in general. Its just a quote I took from my friend because I liked how it sounded.

Its the same story every single time.

I guess its time to change the name. Suggestions anyone?

No comments: