Friday, January 2, 2009

Time to cheat...

Alright, I admit it, I'm about to start cheating with this blog. When I was home over Christmas I found some of my old journals (I have like 100 of them randomly boxed all over my parent's house so every time I'm home I tend to discover another one). Anyway, one of them was from the college years, most specifically when I was taking creative writing courses, getting into poetry, and hopelessly in love with a boy across the ocean. Needless to say, I think I did some of my best writing during those days. Their journal pieces, so they're totally raw, but I want to start borrowing from them, editing on them, and posting some stuff here.

My top New Years resolution is to focus on my writing. To promise myself at least one solid half hour each day of quality time between my computer and my ideas. I also want to post at least one thing a day here. These two things however are not necessarily the same. My writing is sometimes just for me and I don't want it on here yet. SO that's where the old work comes in.

Who knows, maybe people might take interest in my 19-22 year old thoughts...

No comments: